Friday, July 2, 2010

ELEPHANT!

The group went on a safari and to the Sahara desert this week. We saw ridiculous things including baboons. Also, I got attacked by red ants. Fun times. We tracked elephants all day (I called them by saying elephant in a scary voice like my host mom does to scare her baby into going to bed) and thought we missed them but then on the way out of the park we found a male. He didn't like us though so after watching him face us off for a few minutes the driver said we had to leave and as we drove away he charged after us.

In the Sahara we got to ride camels! I named mine Salbert and he was the best camel ever. I wanted to keep him. He was the biggest of them all and he was foaming at the mouth (yes, that is why I picked him).

Good times are continuing but the rest of the team is leaving in a week. I will be alone for the remaining 3 and a half so that will be difficult for sure but I'm not ready to leave yet. Looking forward to getting home (mainly so I can eat something other than spaghetti, couscous or rice with the same tomato sauce every meal again) but I still have lots to learn here.

No comments:

Post a Comment